Progress Rail Services Corp. Manager II, Quality Assurance in Atchison, Kansas
Manager II, Quality Assurance
Atchison, KS RPS - 317
• Manage the overall facility Quality Assurance initiative;
• Work to continuously improve product and processes;
• Provide technical expertise to internal and external personnel in physical and metallurgical properties of processes and materials that affect product quality.
Auto req ID:
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Material Science preferred.
Key Job Elements:
• Maintain and improve Quality Management System (QMS);
• Serve as Management Representative for external audits;
• Conduct failure mode analyses to determine root cause of non-conforming product;
• Maintain web-based quality systems and key metrics;
• Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts and projects;
• Develop training manuals and work instructions.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Experience with Lean manufacturing and six sigma principles;
• ISO-9001 experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Quality & Reliability
Alternative Work Location: