Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas Part-Time Donation Associate in Bonner Springs, Kansas
The Donation Associate is responsible for receiving and processing donations. The associate will sort and distribute donations to the appropriate areas for detailed processing. They will have a high degree of contact with customers and must be able to cheerfully interact with donors and members of the public in a variety of situations.
Job Duties Include:
· Greet and support donor within 15 seconds of arrival.
· Unloads donation and handles donations in a professional manner
· Notify Donors of what can’t be accepted and identify alternative donation locations.
· Logs all donations
· Distributes tax receipts
· Processes donations
· Load and unload trucks
· Sorts donations and removes soiled/broken/worn donations to salvage.
· Label gaylords
· Removes sharps and hazardous materials and stores them in the designated area
· Assists in maintaining safety and security of donated merchandise.
· Uses hand truck/pallet jack to move donations
· Load a trailer within 2 hours
o 2 weeks-50% after training and equipment certification
o 3 weeks-75% and training and equipment certification
o 4 weeks-100% and training and equipment certification
· Keep area clean and organized to include exterior of building
· Perform exterior duties to include snow removal, de-icing, picking up dropped off donations
· Ensure supplies are stocked, neat and organized.
· Sweep and mop as necessary
· Ensure clean, organized work and storage areas
· General store upkeep including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, glass cleaning, and bathroom maintenance.
The Donation Associate will be a proven leader with the following:
· Experience in customer service preferred
· Understanding of the importance of the donor process and how it supports the mission
· Ability to perform job duties safely
· The incumbent should have at least 6 months of work history, unless this is their first job
· High school diploma or equivalent is not required.
· Operation of the hand stacker will require the ability to become certified in its operation
Competencies and Values
Every leader must demonstrate these competencies:
· Adaptability/Leading Change
· Innovation/Strategic Vision
· Problem Analysis/Decision Making
· Interpersonal/Emotional Intelligence
Mission Focused and Financially Aware
Organizational Sills/Planning/Project Management
Develop Self and Others
We allow our values to guide our actions:
Lead: Everyone has value - Help them find it and celebrate it
Grow: Learn constantly and strive continually to better ourselves
Partner: Be good citizens, maximize the value of donations, and support sustainability
Innovate: Always seek new and better ways to accomplish our mission
One Agency: Work collaboratively to build a legacy from which future generations will benefit
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 125 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That’s why 88¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
External Company Name: Goodwill of Western MO & Eastern KS
Street: 525 S 129th St