Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Auditor II/Sr in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE:Auditor II/Sr
DEPARTMENT:Auditor Services – Topeka General Office or Kansas City Headquarters
Kansas City, MO
PAY RANGE:Auditor II: $56,800 - $71,000
Sr Auditor: $64,100 - $85,500
Scheduled Work Hours:Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
*Position Summary: *
Provide targeted, objective assurance and insight relative to Company governance, risk management and control practices to further the achievement of Evergy’s mission and objectives. Responsible for conducting, documenting, and reporting the results of internal audits of various operations of the Company utilizing the department’s risk-based audit methodology, as well as Sarbanes-Oxley reviews and testing. Performance of audit projects, focusing on internal control and operational improvements, and risk management capabilities. Includes establishing effective lines of communication with staff and management. Senior level will also provide suggestions and develops recommendations for improvements to current and proposed procedures and systems, consult with management for resolution of issues, write reports for senior and executive management and work with or direct other auditors on a project basis.
*Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *
• Risk based audits – Complete risk-based audits, including scoping, planning, field work and reporting. Prepare concise documentation to support completion of audit objectives and presentation of detailed findings, observations, and conclusions. Evaluate results, identify control and operational deficiencies or gaps, and develop recommendations for management. Prepare audit reports including the audit observations, conclusions audit recommendations.
• SOX Compliance – Assist in SOX compliance efforts including scoping and management testing of ICFR. Documentation of test results in related SOX application. Evaluation of financial reporting risks, control objectives and the related effectiveness of internal control design and operation.
• Special projects – Independently complete special projects as assigned, meeting established budget, objectives, and deliverables.
• Improve division efficiency - through focus on innovation, process improvements and effective use of technology.
• Maintain and enhance working relationships throughout the organization – by providing clear, concise, accurate and responsive information in a timely manner and fostering an environment of teamwork and high-quality customer service.
• Risk based audits – Lead audits designed to assess the business, operating and control risks associated with the internal business processes, systems, and governance structures established throughout the Company. Evaluate results, identify control and operational deficiencies or gaps, and develop recommendations for management. Prepare concise, descriptive audit reports based upon audit results. Prepare audit reports for senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
• Special projects – Plan, lead, and execute the objectives of projects and reviews initiated to address specific management objectives. Identify the need to conduct specific reviews or projects to address known risks, internal control gaps, or operational inefficiencies.
• SOX Compliance – Identify risks and opportunities associated with specific business processes as related to financial reporting. Assist in the evaluation of the scope of management testing. Acquire in-depth understanding of specific regulatory pronouncements and guidance related to ICFRs and governance issues.
• Understanding of risk management concepts – Develop core competency in identification and evaluation of risks unique to the Company and industry and current best practices in addressing such risks.
• Leadership – Assume an oversight role through leading, directing, coaching, and assisting Audit staff in the completion of audits, reviews, and special projects.
• Leadership role in improving division efficiency through focus on innovation, process improvements and effective use of technology.
• Maintain and enhance working relationships throughout the organization by providing clear, concise, accurate and responsive information in a timely manner and fostering an environment of teamwork and high-quality customer service.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, accounting, information technology, engineering or related fields required
• Minimum of 1-3 years of related business experience required
• MBA or certification (CIA, CPA, CFE, CMA, or CISA) preferred
• Utility business operations or internal audit experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrate a disciplined work ethic
• Work independently and/or as part of a team
• Initiative in providing assistance to meet department goals and deadlines
• Attention to detail, applying problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrate effective time management
• Flexibility in scheduling
• Demonstrate success in analyzing problems and developing practical solutions
• Demonstrate understanding of business processes
• Keep management informed of status, constraints, and support needed to successfully fulfill responsibilities
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as deadlines and projects necessitate
• Must maintain a high level of integrity and a commitment to uphold Evergy’s Mission. Vision, and Values and the Code of Ethics
• Ability to build partnering relationships and communicate with individuals at all levels of the Company
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office 365 applications
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: None
Working Conditions: Normal Office Working Conditions
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Internal Audit/Corporate Compliance
Title: Auditor II/Sr
Requisition ID: COR0016