Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Distribution Design Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
*JOB TITLE: * Distribution Design Analyst
*DEPARTMENT: * VP Transmission & Distribution
*LOCATION: * Wichita Area (2)
*PAY GRADE: * Dist Design Analyst I - 13A - $48,200 - $60,300
Dist Design Analyst II – 14A - $59,000 - $73,800
Sr Dist Design Analyst – 15B - $74,900 - $99,800
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of Design Services management, the qualified candidate will perform all aspects of ensuring Distribution design and construction activities are reconciled and applicable systems are updated. The position will serve as a primary conduit between engineering and line crews assuring jobs are built as-designed or as-builts are completed in accord with final construction activity.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of autonomy interacting with a myriad of departments (including, but not limited to, design, construction, stores, system support) and completing job closings. Organization, prioritization, collaboration, personal responsibility and independence are key components to the success in this position. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Understanding the Distribution line construction standards (LCS)
- Recognizing the material used in design and construction and the inventory receipt, issue, and return guidelines within a storeroom
- Reconcile actual and estimated material quantities and review material discrepancies on completed field work
- Ensure facility specifications are completed and pass validation within the work management system.
- Travel to job sites, as needed, to review and ensure work orders are closed accurately per final construction
- Manage the backlog of work orders to ensure timely closings; KPI report development and tracking will be required
- With applicable training, have a solid understanding how to navigate, modify, and perform more complex functions within the Maximo, Graphic Work Design, and ESRI GIS systems
While the primary duty will be to ensure accurate, timely and complete updating of all records, other duties may be applicable to complete such tasks.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or other related degree program is highly preferred. Demonstrated ability to use software applications which include Microsoft products, scheduling tools, work management and mapping preferred. Has ability to resolve routine or standard problems through guidance and direction from others. Preferred candidate will have general knowledge of distribution, transmission, substation, and/or generation operations, meter operations and customer service order practices. Demonstrated experience working as a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills, customer service, and a focus on process improvement is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Solid understanding and knowledge of relevant technology and tools used to perform quality assurance and control to accurately and completely capture asset and location data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Constructive thinking to analyze, interpret or evaluate data or issues and process them in an accurate and high-quality manner
- Strong leadership skills to effectively work with diverse work groups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment and balance multiple tasks
- Highly motivated and possess the ability to organize work, direct and coordinate the work with others
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Normal office conditions. Must have a satisfactory work record including excellent attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Power Delivery/Distribution and System Operations
Title: Distribution Design Analyst
Requisition ID: TRA00IV