Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Supv Relay Constr and Maint in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Supervisor Substation Relay Construction and Maintenance
REQUISITION ID: TRA00MY
DEPARTMENT: Relay & System Protection Department – Lee’s Summit
LOCATION: Lee’s Summit, MO
PAY RANGE: $94,000 - $125,300
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Other hours as required)
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of this position are to include planning and overseeing the completion of construction related Relay Department activities, routine maintenance of Evergy’s relay systems, and prompt resolution of failed components within the supervisor’s assigned area (approximately 115 substation/generation facilities). Additionally, the supervisor will assist with developing and encouraging the workforce to conduct business in a safe and efficient manner and to work towards achieving the financial and reliability goals of the division and the company. This position is on-call for any Relay related after hours support.
Relay Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and assigning of daily work for Relay Craft personnel.
- Conducting morning meetings with crews on a daily basis to review construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts as well as discussing company and departmental issues.
- Answering after hours calls from the operations center and calling craft personnel in, if necessary.
- Documentation and recordkeeping of annual relay system testing efforts. The records are auditable by regulatory bodies such and FERC and NERC.
- Assisting electricians and technicians with troubleshooting efforts when needed.
- Promoting safe work practices at all times.
- Educating relay technicians on system protection and relaying principles.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or 5 years of Substation/Relay C&M experience is preferred.
- Project Management skills are highly desired for this position.
- Computer proficiency is required; including the Windows operating system and such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the Evergy electrical operating system as it applies to generation, transmission and distribution relaying is preferred. Eagerness and ability to learn Evergy operating procedures is required.
- Strong project management skillset
- Transmission related competencies include knowledge of commissioning, testing and maintaining the following items: transformers with primary voltages from 345 kv through 34kv; transmission line relaying, breakers, coupling capacitors, and line relaying communication equipment.
- Distribution related competencies include knowledge of commissioning, testing and maintaining relays, breakers, reclosers, and regulators.
- Understanding and ability to read and interpreted SEL event records, as well as be able to navigate and approve and understand results within RTS.
- Generation competencies include procedures testing of the generators, functional test and maintenance procedures of the generator control panels and relays; testing of the GSU’s, auxiliary and start/standby transformers, and interpreting and analyzing the results.
- Knowledge of the SCADA system and components, and responsibility for commissioning, testing maintaining RTU’s and their components
- Knowledge of test equipment and procedures for testing the above-mentioned equipment.
- Ability to identify and mitigate potentially hazardous working conditions.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: None
Working Conditions: 50/50 Split between office and field. Occasional inclement weather exposure.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Supv Relay Constr and Maint
Requisition ID: TRA00MY