Rehrig Pacific MFG Machine Operator - 2962-6039 in De Soto, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12761704 Looking for motivated individuals excited to work in the field of manufacturing, in our evening and overnight hour shifts. Must bring a positive attitude and the desire to learn. We are building our team with energetic individuals who excel in accountable work culture.
Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
Machine operators are an integral part of our team and responsible for the safe and efficient operation and monitoring of one or more plastic injection-molding machines in accordance with standard operating procedures. Operators play a valuable role in ensuring our products meet customer quality expectations through safe handling of the product, performing basic assembly and hot stamping functions, and performing any necessary rework processes (trimming, cleaning, etc.).
- Operate and monitor one or more plastic injection-molding machines by safely removing parts from material handling device (e.g., chutes, conveyors) and performing secondary operations (e.g. hot stamping, assembly, trimming) within a specified cycle time.
- Visually inspect and ensure that the product is manufactured and packaged to customer specifications.
- Perform any rework process that is required, which may include trimming, flaming, and cleaning.
- Perform basic assembly functions, such as attaching accessories/components to a molded product.
- Operate auxiliary decorating, stacking, and automated equipment that may include hot stamping machines, conveyors, stackers, etc.
- Stack products and use dollies to safely transport products.
- Effectively meet minimum production and quality standards; responsible for keeping pace with the cycle time of the respective molding machine.
- Timely and accurately complete all required production paperwork; accurately account for all scrap parts produced during the shift.
- Maintain general housekeeping standards throughout the plant by sorting, sweeping, and cleaning, or as otherwise instructed.
- Conduct all job duties with strict adherence to established operating procedures, safety requirements, and processes.
- Communicate with previous shift, relief, supervision and other operators to exchange information on process conditions and other pertinent issues; notify supervisor immediately if a problem arises at the machine (e.g. quality, safety, mechanical problem/defect)
- Perform any other duties assigned to support the team.
Physical Requirements must be able to:
- Effectively move throughout the facility to access various machines and equipment, supplies, etc.
- Remain in a stationary position over 66% of the time.
- Operate, activate, and repetitively use equipment controls and related production tools over 66% of the time.
- Lift and move product, parts and supplies, etc. weighing up to 30 lbs., a distance of 1 3, from machines, carts, conveyors, etc. 67 100% of the time.
- Position self in a twist/turn or rotational fashion to effectively complete machine operation functions 67 100% of the time.
- Position self to reach/place product, parts and supplies, etc. less than 3 from floor evel up to 66% of the time.
- Push/pull product, parts and supplies, etc. weighing up to 30 lbs. into and out of machines, conveyors, tables, etc. up to 50% of the time.
- Reach above shoulder level to access machine controls, parts and supplies, product, etc. up to 40% of the time.
- Articulate parts and components for assembly or decoration.
- High School Diploma, GED, or comparable work-related experience preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, production-based warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior experience as a machine operator in the molded plastic field, or other fast-paced, production-based manufacturing environment preferred.
- Capable and willing to operate any injection molding machine and maintain productivity and quality standards.
- Actively engages in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to learn and execute all work instructions, standard operating procedures, and quality practices/standards.
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action