Kiewit Corporation Senior Geotechnical Engineer- Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Denver, Colorado
Requisition ID: 118619
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is seeking a Senior-Level Geotechnical Engineer responsible for technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the US and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will focus on geotechnical design and finite element (FE) modeling, as well as field support, for tunneling, ground improvement and other geotechnical challenges. A strong technical and practical background in geotechnical engineering and FE modeling in regard to ground improvement and tunneling is required. The successful candidate should possess excellent communication skills as well as an ability to work well in a team environment.
The Senior-Level Geotechnical Engineer will work with an interdisciplinary team that includes structural, roadway, drainage and materials engineers as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals in Kiewit’s Construction Districts, including Kiewit’s own Specialty Foundation Division and Tunneling Division, to develop economical and technically sound geotechnical, ground improvement, and tunneling solutions. The Senior-Level Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for producing and overseeing production of engineering reports, geotechnical analyses, technical specifications, construction drawings, as well as directing the work of Entry-Level geotechnical engineers.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Kiewit's Lonetree, CO, Omaha, NE, Lenexa, KS or Houston, TX office.
This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic short-term field assignments.
• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to identify and evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical, tunneling, and ground improvement challenges.
• Working with the pursuit team to help identify key design and construction risks and develop plans to mitigate these risks.
• Working on design-build projects with a team responsible for developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables for ground improvement and specialty foundations.
• Collaborating, reviewing, and leading geotechnical FE analyses within Kiewit in ground improvement, tunneling, and other geotechnical challenges.
• Supporting efforts to capture and spread lessons learned throughout Kiewit Construction Districts.
• Minimum 11+ years of progressive, relevant ground improvement and geotechnical engineering experience, 15+ preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S. and/or Canada, required.
• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required.
• Demonstrated broad technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including: 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional Finite Element (FE) modeling (Plaxis 2D/3D as well as other FE software ).
• Some ground improvement (preferred, not required) experience including design and oversight of: rigid inclusions, vibro-replacement (stone columns), vibro compaction, compaction grouting, permeation grouting, jet grouting, micro piles, deep dynamic compaction, design of working pad and load transfer platforms.
• Tunneling Experience (preferred, not required) including design and oversight of: sequential excavation methods, conventional drill & blast, TBM, and jack & bore techniques.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including both verbal and written communication, with proven success working in a team setting.
• Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
Base Compensation: $110,267 - $165,401
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.