Kansas Employer Grounds Maintenance - Yard Worker (Level 3) in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12738985
Purpose: The Grounds Maintenance Yard Worker maintains school grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of district facilities. To accomplish these tasks, the Grounds Maintenance Yard Worker must work closely with the staff and administration of Derby Public Schools.
- Assist in maintaining school grounds in top condition.
- Assist in promoting the safety, health and comfort of students and employees on school grounds.
- Keep all district properties neatly mowed and trimmed.
- Assist with seeding, fertilizing, and herbicide application as necessary.
- Perform custodial tasks as necessary.
- Prepare athletic fields for practices and games and maintain irrigation systems.
- Maintain all equipment properly (includes checking oil and fuel prior to operation).
- Performs snow removal from school district building walkways, entrances and parking areas.
- Maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all maintenance projects.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Move equipment and materials within and between buildings.
- Other duties as assigned by the maintenance supervisor, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Maintain school grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of district facilities.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Appropriately operate all equipment and machinery as necessary.
- Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Must be able to work in and around dust, fumes and odors.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.