Derby Public Schools Human Resource Assistant (Level 3) - Administrative Center in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12542402
PositionTitle: Human Resource Assistant (Level 3) - Administrative Center
- Job ID: 4441
- Position Type: Clerical (District Level) Human Resources
- Date Posted: 05/23/2023
- Location: Administrative Center - HR
Purpose: The Human Resource Assistant provides adequate backup andassistance for the Human Resource Department.
Responsible to: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Salary: District Clerical Hourly Rate Schedule, Level 3
Classification of Employment: Non-Exempt
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates proficiency in typing/keyboard skills.
- Experience in using various software, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with personnel management and/or employee benefit software preferred.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- a. Communicate efficiently with all the members of the school district and community.
- b. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- c. Appropriately handle all equipment as required.
- d. Support the value of an education.
- e. Support the philosophy and mission of Derby Public Schools.
- f. Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
2. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- a. Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- b. Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push, stoop, bend and reach for heavy objects and materials.
- c. Must be able to occasionally work in stressful environments.
- d. Requires the ability to handle detail work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- e. Requires the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- f. Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Hold onboarding appointments with new employees to collect required documentation including district, state, federal and KPERS documentation.
- Set up and give new employees login information and instructions for Employee Access, district email access, and benefits website as applicable.
- Enter accurate, new employee information into human resource management system to prepare data for accurate payroll import.
- Enter accurate, new employee benefit data into benefit website as necessary.
- Enter new employee information into KPERS system.
- Assist with new hire orientations as needed.
- Assist with benefit open enrollment informational meetings.
- Implement employee wellness program initiatives as directed by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources.
- Attend wellness committee meetings and track wellness points for benefit discounts.
- Complete verifications of employment.
- Assist human resources and payroll with FMLA, short and long term leave forms and disability claims, and maintain leave information electronically.
- Follow up with employees as needed to obtain proper leave documentation.
- Maintain wellness website.
- Provide back-up support for Administrative Center Receptionist.
- Oversee employee badge distribution.
- Support human resource generalists with tasks as needed, including filing, out-of-district waiver processing, contract distribution, and data entry.
- Maintain records for Hepatitis B immunizations.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources or superintendent which are consistent with the general, requirements, and qualifications of the position.