Kansas Employer Substitute - Bus Aide in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12739019
Purpose: The bus monitor assists in providing safe transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities. To accomplish these tasks the bus monitor must work closely with the staff and administration of Derby Public Schools.
- Immediately report accidents, assaults, destruction of property, and abusive behavior to the transportation supervisor.
- Ensure that students wait, board and depart buses in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Work with drivers and transportation supervisor in resolving problems with students.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the transportation supervisor or administrative staff which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Assist in providing safe transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities.
- Ensure that all activities conform to state school transportation guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Derby Public Schools.
- Appropriately operate all equipment as required.
- Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning and reaching.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Extensive bus travel required.
- Must be able to work in noisy, crowded, stressful environments.
- Must be able to work in and around dust, fumes and odors.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.