LifePoint Health General Radiology Tech in Dodge City, Kansas
The Radiology Technologist assists in maintenance/management of the radiology departmental service and Quality Improvement Plan in accordance with standards established by the hospital, JCAHO, state, local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Performs and ensures patient safety while operating radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations (including tomography ), portable x-ray, and ultrasound machines and processes films.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Radiology Policy and Procedure Manuals and refers to policy and procedure manuals for proper operation/quality control of equipment.
- Assists physician in detection and localization of the patient's anatomy using the appropriate technical factors, age specific positioning and shielding techniques appropriate for infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Utilizes appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet growth, development and continued clinical needs of all patients (newborns, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics).
- Assists/maintains stock levels, storage and safe keeping of films, files, chemicals, and patient supplies.
- Ensures cleanliness of equipment, work areas and assists in maintaining equipment in good working order and notifies supervisor of department equipment and supply needs.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new personnel and participates in continuing education programs to enhance skills and maintain credentials.
- Verifies doctors orders and patient ID when performing procedures.
- Checks for allergies to iodine/contrast medias when performing contrast studies.
- Labels films appropriately in regards to patient name, orientation of patient and technique utilized; demonstrates proficiency in choosing proper dosing/equipment settings prior to x-ray procedures.
- Assures films/reports/patient chart is available to Radiologist/Physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One – year preferred with Diagnostic Imaging experience preferred: ARRT certification AND licensed by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts as a LRT. BLS Required.
Bilingual Highly Preferred
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Western Plains Medical Complex
Title: General Radiology Tech
Location: Kansas-Dodge City
Requisition ID: 7453-1543