Colgate Palmolive Controls Engineer in Emporia, Kansas
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 90874 - Emporia, Kansas, United States
We are looking for you to join our team!
The Controls Engineer is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of the plant floor control systems, information systems, electrical systems, and networks in support of the manufacturing operations.
We believe real innovation comes from directed teamwork and collaboration!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the design, specification, development, installation, start up, troubleshooting, and improvement of process control systems, electrical systems, plant floor systems, business systems, and equipment.
Lead the development and implementation of process improvements (safety, product quality, reliability, waste, cost per pound) to meet business needs.
Prepare, submit, and handle controls technology and information technology aspects of the Capital Expenditure Budget and support project managers in achieving project deliverables
○ Develop functional specifications
○ Run internal and external resources (Software integrators, hardware support)
○ Project schedule and scope alignment
○ Project cost controls
○ Technology transfer and Management of Change
○ Start-up and troubleshooting
Leads the technology transfer for the plant and supports global technology with implementation of new capital projects and new controls processes.
Develop, implement, and maintain hardware and software aspects of the plant floor systems, plant control systems, business systems (computer network), and phone and voice systems.
Prepare and lead expense budgets for plant control systems and all information technology systems.
Develop and maintain specifications, technical documentation, and procedures for controls processes and equipment which are consistent with Key Performance Indicator goals and support Quality and EOHS Standards.
Leadership and management of Controls Technicians
Develop new insights and drive innovative engineering and processing solutions to reduce costs and improve process capability and quality.
Accountable for meeting or exceeding safety and quality standards.
Other job functions that may be assigned*
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
BS in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
3+ years of manufacturing experience
3+ years of proven experience in PLCs, Instrumentation and Computer Hardware and Software
Working knowledge and experience in:
○ Electrical power distribution
○ Motor Controls ( Variable Frequency drives, Standard Motor systems)
○ Industrial Automation Networks (Control Net, Devicenet, Ethernet)
Plant Systems database management (SQL, InSQL, or Access)
Programming, Testing, Installation, and startup of Allen Bradley PLC’s.
Knowledge of Electrical Industry Standards, Practices and Regulatory Requirements
Manufacturing process control systems experience including PID loop tuning
Solid understanding of the Capital Expenditure Budget process
Solid understanding of EOHS and Quality Standards
Experience using Google collaboration tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
Proficient in Statistical Process Control, CPk and Continuous Improvement Methodologies
Knowledge of IQ / OQ / PQ validation
Computer programming skills
EXPECTED AREAS OF SKILLS
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Prepare and present business and technical summaries, estimates, and budgets
▪ Teamwork orientation with excellent interpersonal and team skills
▪ Proven performance of attention to detail, follow-up, and analytical decision making
▪ Work on all aspects of project management: Project definition, Project planning, capital expenditures, and technology transfer associated with capital projects and new processes and equipment.
▪ Functions as a resource for troubleshooting / problem solving of business systems, plant floor systems, and control systems.
▪ Responsible for handling capital expenditure budgets and delivering continuous improvement projects that reduce manufacturing variances.
▪ Works with cross functional teams to implement and maintain Colgate Palmolive Best Practices for Factory Performance and Reliability
▪ Proficient knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, and SPC
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.