Norfolk Iron & Metal Order Picker (2nd and 3rd) in Emporia, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11728103
JOB SPECIFICATION: The physical demand of an order selector is listed as VERY HEAVY, according to the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, 4th edition, 1991. The essential job functions of the order picker is lifting materials in excess of 100 pounds occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds frequent and in excess of 20 pounds constant. The order picker will have to push, pull, lift, and carry with a force in excess of 100 pounds and be able to have a full range of motion while performing the essential job functions.
JOB DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS
• move steel onto the forklift by hand and by mechanical methods.
• read work order or follows oral instruction from the forklift operator to move, load or unload steel from the designated location
• open bundles of steel by using band and bolt cutters
• separate the bundle of materials by a spring or other separating device
• Loads and unloads all assortment of steel such as, pipe, channel, angle iron, rounds, rebar, tubing, strip
• push, pull, slide or lift materials from the tray and place or drop the materials in a stationary tray on the forklift utilizing the side panel of the tray which is 12 inches high to assist the lifting of the steel. The side panel provides a pivot when lifting the material
• forklift may lift the order picker up to 24 feet in the air to pick the product
• picker will be secured to the forklift by a fall arrest system
• may stand on a plate attached to the platform of the forklift while performing the essential job functions
• stack and assemble bundles of material into a stack and band materials by using banding machine or manual bander
• count and pull the correct number of units of materials loaded or handled
• communicate the tag number to the forklift operator as applicable
• clean the work site area by using a broom, and assist in housekeeping practices
• read a tape measure &/or micrometer for the selection of steel
• may assist in the changing of industrial truck batteries
• perform other duties specified by supervisor
• follow the ISO Quality System.
SAFETY: All employees are responsible for their own safety. Additionally all employees are responsible for the safety of their co-workers. Employee responsibilities will include but are not limited to: performing duties in a safe and efficient manner, properly use and wear required personal protective equipment as directed by the PPE Assessment/Hazard Analysis for the position, report all accidents, incidents and unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor immediately, make on-the-spot corrections of unsafe conditions with-in their capabilities, make on-the-spot corrections to employees performing unsafe acts , and set a good safety example. All employees will be held accountable for violations of safety policies and procedures.