Kansas Works Veterans Jobs

Kansas Works Logo

Job Information

U.S. Army Medical Command Social Worker (Substance Abuse) in Fort Riley, Kansas


This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. About the Position: This position is located at Fort Riley, Substance Use Disorder Clinical Care Department. A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized. Student Loan repayment may be authorized. Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.



Conditions of Employment



Who May Apply: US Citizens In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Basic Requirements for Social Worker (Substance Abuse) : Degree: Master's degree (or higher degree) in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcript.) In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes conducting clinical assessments of substance abuse patients, formulating behavioral health treatment plans, and providing professional counseling to substance abuse patients. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. License: This position has a licensure requirement. You must provide a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Social Work independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction. (Note: You must attach a copy of your license.)



Additional Information