LMI Aerospace Customer Service Representative in Fredonia, Kansas
Summary: Acts in the role as the main customer contact and the resident expert for each assigned customer internal and external regarding; contract requirements, individual needs, lead-times, etc. Serves in the role as LMI's "good will ambassador", liaison and problem solver for the customer. Strives for 100% on time delivery through proactive management of each sales order. In all actions supports LMI Tulsa’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI Tulsa policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Focal for all customer questions, concerns and problem resolution.
Liaison between customers and plant personnel to facilitate flow of materials, tooling, paperwork, etc., in and between work centers to strive for 100% on-time delivery.
Review of all New Order Entry reports and Purchase Order Changes and apply those changes, as necessary, to determine feasibility of required lead-times, etc.
Proactively review schedules:
Status delinquencies, know where they are within the plant and the projected delivery date.
Manage and coordinate short flow, AOG, Priority requirements, negotiating due dates when on-time delivery is in jeopardy.
Identify potential problems, analyze and propose alternatives for resolution for any issues that may jeopardize on-time delivery.
Communicate delivery status to customers through appropriate customer defined methods.
Request, charge and track expedites as required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Solid technical skills and understanding of machinery and shop floor terminology used by the team.
· Good understanding of JIT and Lean Manufacturing techniques and philosophies.
· Ability to work well with peers.
· Professional demeanor and presence; self-confident.
· Should have good communication skills, oral and written.
· Must have strong work ethics and be willing to put is extra time and effort.
· Should be an excellent problem solver.
· Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Ability to effectively and professionally present technical information and respond to questions verbally one-on-one to individuals and to large groups.
· Ability to develop win-win relationships with customers.
· Decisions-making ability utilizing good judgement in determining the appropriate guideline, procedure, and application to utilize in solving problems.
· Understanding of process flows, lead-times and lean principles in a mfg. environment.
· Understanding of all Production Control function.
· AS400 Inventory Software
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for LMI‘s Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
Who we are
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ more than 2,000 engineering, manufacturing and testing experts in 19 locations throughout the United States, Mexico, and Sri Lanka. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.