Holcim (US) Inc. Supervisor Container Room in Fredonia, Kansas
We are seeking aSupervisor Container Room for Systech Environmental Corporation which is the leading provider of byproduct co-processing services in North America, with co-processing locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. As a subsidiary of LafargeHolcim, the leading cement and construction materials manufacturer in the world, Systech is dedicated to providing customers with innovative services to manage byproducts, primarily by recovering energy or mineral content during the cement manufacturing process. Co-processing allows industries to divert their byproducts to a beneficial reuse rather than wasting them through nonproductive disposal methods.
TheSupervisor Container Roomis accountable for all onsite activities associated with the safe acceptance and delivery of fuels to the adjacent kiln platform. Activities involve supervision of Systech site personnel, assistance with maintenance activities, and frequent correspondence with vendors, regulatory professionals, and cement partner personnel. The position will Supervise approximately 70% of the time and work in the operation the remaining 30% of the time.
Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
Ensures that alternate fuel processing is being accomplished safely and according to set procedures, including participation in the loading/unloading of trucks and performance of light maintenance tasks.
Supervises department employees, ensuring compliance with safety rules and State and Federal regulations, including preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
Provides direction and ensures employees are trained appropriately through on-the-job or other appropriate training.
Provides feedback to employees, conducts performance reviews, and administers corrective action when necessary.
Position will be required to participate in an ‘on-call’ rotation to respond to facility needs during nights and weekends when assigned.
Responsible for assigning scheduled and unscheduled work.
Coordinates maintenance tasks with maintenance department – may request other available site employees to help with maintenance tasks
Optimize and improve department performance (i.e. productivity, costs, team goals, project feedback).
Ability to operate heavy equipment such as bobcat, track mobile and stinger.
Acts in a safety conscious manner in the workplace and promotes safety with the other site employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education:High School diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Certification in a Trade; maintenance/mechanical training preferred
Required Work Experience:Supervisory/management experience, manufacturing industry experience.
Preferred Work Experience:Professional trade certification is an advantage, experience with State/Federal regulations administered by OSHA, EPA, KDHE related to hazardous chemical/industrial alternate fuel processing, previous experience operating heavy equipment, experience with instrumentation and technical equipment.
Required Computer and Software Skills:Basic computer skills and the ability to complete reporting requirements.
Team Orientation: The ability to work cooperatively in a professional team-oriented environment.Management Skills: Demonstrated management skills and leadership abilities.Communication Skills: Good oral and written communication in order to give instructions, explain procedures and train staff. Basic computer skills and the ability to complete reporting requirements.Mathematics Skill: Ability to perform mathematical calculations of moderate complexity such as ratios and percentages in order to calculate the amount of fuel available for processing and to prepare reports.Problem-Solving Skills: Demonstrated ability to define operation problems, identify needs, resolve problems, analyze and interpret results in order to oversee all production activities.Physical Ability: Ability to perform physical tasks such as climbing, lifting, and bending in order to reach equipment.Annual Physical: Individuals in this position must pass the prescribed annual health physical provided by the company.
Direct Reports: 10 employees
Position TypeHourly Full-Time
CompanyHolcim (US) Inc.