Midwest Health Dietary Manager in Garden City, Kansas
Temporary Dietary Manager posotion
The Dietary Manager assures meals are prepared according to menus and in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Plans menus in consultation with dietician taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. May serve meals when needed, order supplies, keeps records and accounts, creates and maintains employee schedules. Supervises cooks and dietary aides. Participates in assessing resident needs and planning for their care
Duties and Responsibilities::
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator, Director of Nursing or Unit Manager on Duty.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Assure that meals and snacks are prepared according to the menus; that meals taste good and are presentable.
- Assures all meals are served to residents according to the physician’s orders.
- Assures all items needed to prepare foods on the menu are available to dietary staff. Ensures there are adequate foods, supplies and equipment available.
- Assures that kitchen equipment is clean, in working order and available to dietary staff.
- Required to implement and maintain a weekly cleaning schedule.
- All infection control procedures are maintained in preparation and storage of food and equipment.
- Maintains and keeps accurate accounting for all budgets assigned and gets approval from Administrator to spend money in excess of the budget.
- Responsible for dietary department staff.
- Participates in care plan meetings and complies with goals and approaches set forth in residents’ care plan.
- Monitors personal and staff compliance to residents’ rights.
Responsible of compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety. Job Requirements::
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a requirement of the job.