EDF Renewables North America Wind Technician in Geuda Springs, Kansas
This position, under specific direction from the site supervisor, maintains turbines, including but not limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed. This level is intended to perform as an assistant to an experienced technician.
• Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
• Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
• Grease/torque wind turbines.
• May also service turbines based on the type of turbine (manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
• Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems.
• Replace mechanical components.
• Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
• Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
• All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
Wind Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to:
• Extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Confined spaces
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
High school or equivalent: or up to one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights.
Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined.
Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways. Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout.
Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment.
Special Conditions of Employment
Due to weight restrictions associated with life-saving fall-arrest equipment employees are required to wear while working at heights, maximum employee weight must not exceed 285 lbs. Employee weight subject to review at any time throughout the duration of employment and required annually at a minimum.
Pay Range: $21.08 - $35.14 Hourly
Requisition ID: 2023-3348
External Company Name: EDF Renewables North America
External Company URL: https://www.edf-re.com/
Street: 1127 S Rock Rd