Midwest Health Transportation Driver in Halstead, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Transportation Driver provides resident’s transportation to and from appointments and/or activities in a safe and courteous manner at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety and corporate policies and procedures.
- Comply with the nursing department’s policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Secure passengers’ wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize during transport.
- Assist residents in wheelchairs. Assist disabled passengers into and out of vehicle.
- Time management, creating routes that will accommodate appointments and activities.
- Communicate with Administrator and Nursing Department upon disruption of service.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel.
- Report all vehicle repairs and any unsafe or hazardous concerns immediately to the Administrator.
- Per Administrator, assisting with CNA or Maintenance duties is expected between appointments/activities.
- Be flexible and available for special occasions, holidays and weekends.
Must be ‘on-call’ during scheduled days, if unable to be on-call, a replacement is required. Job Requirements:
Must have a CNA license that is in good standings with the State.
- Must have a valid CPR certification.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Facility’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be 21 years of age to drive company vehicles.
- Must be over the age of 25 and under the age of 70 to operate a 15-passenger vehicle.
- Must have a current CDL to operate a 16+ passenger vehicle.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.