Waste Connections Maintenance Manager in Harper, Kansas
Job TitleMaintenance ManagerPrimary LocationHarper, KansasEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
Do you still like to get your hands dirty? To not only lead a team but be right there with them in the action? We are looking for Maintenance Managers who want to be involved in not only the management side of the job but in all aspects of maintaining our fleets. Waste Connections is a large, publicly-traded solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada.If you are looking for a career and not just a job, then Waste Connections might be the company for you.
Why join us?
·Tremendous opportunity to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard and grow within the company
·Work hard, play harder culture
·Job stability, in a company and industry that is strong and thriving
• Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
• Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
• Coordinates the selling of commodities at the highest price possible.
• Ensure adequate training of mechanics, preventative maintenance mechanics.
• Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
• Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
• Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
• Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
• Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
• Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
• Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
• Communicates regularly with the Region Maintenance Manager.
• Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
• Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget
Must Have Skills:
• Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
• Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
• Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division, and district objectives.
• Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
• 5+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Waste industry experience desired.
• Ability to train and motivate staff a must.
• Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Trade or Technical School Certificate preferred. High School or Equivalent required.
• Holds or ability to certify for CDL within 90 days of start date.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)