Kansas Employer INSTRUCTOR - PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM (FAC3193) McPherson Center in Hutchinson, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12437431
Essential Functions -
- Participate in planning and organizing nursing curriculum, including the establishment of course competencies and syllabi development as defined by the Kansas State Board of Nursing and/or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Teach effectively the approved theory and clinical curriculum to prepare students to become practical nurses. Assignments may include evening/weekend courses and non-traditional scheduling, and may include teaching via alternative delivery systems, including interactive video conferencing.
- Create and maintain a positive educational climate designed to enhance learning and motivation.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methodologies and instructional materials to meet students\' needs and abilities.
- Participate in continuous evaluation of nursing preparation program.
- Participate in recruitment/admission of students for both the college and the PN program.
- Attend required, pertinent faculty activities for both the college and the PN program.
- Assist in the orientation process of new faculty.
- Assume responsibility for organizing and implementing assigned clinical/simulation experiences in collaboration with program coordinator and cooperating agencies.
- Document and evaluate student progress; provide feedback and academic counseling as necessary to promote successful learning.
- Assist in facilitating appropriate student activities including promotion/graduation.
- Maintain requirements of accrediting and cooperating agencies and parent organizations.
- Display positive professionalism.
- Pursue professional development through a range of activities, e.g., classes, workshops, training, CEUs.
- Participate in and support assessment, program review and documentation of student learning outcomes.
- Serve actively on campus committees.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures and practices.
- Secondary functions -\ May advise current or prospective students.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chairperson, the Program Coordinator, the Vice President of Academic Affairs, or as indicated in the Master Agreement.