Textron Paint Team Member (Various Shifts)- Independence, KS in Independence, Kansas
Paint Team Member (Various Shifts)- Independence, KS
To assure surfaces of aircraft are smooth and prepared for primer and finish paint application; apply finishes to a variety of parts, assemblies and/or completed aircraft.
1. Performs surface preparation of aircraft prior to painting. Marks areas to be filled. Mixes hardener and filler. Applies hardener and filler to unfinished areas needing smoothing and contouring.
2. Spray primer, paint filler and protective paint on prepared surfaces. Uses some judgment in obtaining desired finish. May work under the guidance and instruction of a Painter or Subject Matter Expert.
3. Prepares plastic or fiberglass parts of aircraft using filler to provide uniform surface for paint adhesion.
4. Roughs and finishes aircraft parts using various types of sandpaper and hand sanding machines to provide surface for paint adhesion and smooth appearance. 5. May spray primers or various paint finishes to parts, assemblies or completed aircraft.
6. Responsible for the quality of own work.
7. Uses painting equipment including brushes and spray guns to perform minor rework, touchup, priming, finish painting of partial aircraft when not otherwise engaged in paint preparation duties.
8. Other duties – applying alodine, washing aircraft or sealing a variety of components.
9. Works form oral and written instructions and established procedures.
10. General supervision needed in order the complete tasks plus additional on the job training required.
11. Needs assistance to find solutions in order to solve problems.
12. Listens to concerns and responds appropriately based on feedback given through the learning curve.
13. Will learn to identify the need for improvements and be open to new ideas.
High school education or equivalent required.
Paint experience is preferred.
Self-driven and safety conscious.
Goal-oriented and driven to meet and/or exceed quality expectations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kansas-Independence
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 291642