Textron Painter (Various Shifts)- Independence, KS in Independence, Kansas
Painter (Various Shifts)- Independence, KS
Apply finishes to a variety of parts, assemblies and/or completed aircraft.
1. Working from oral and written instructions and established procedures, prepare painted surfaces, spray primers or various paint finishes to parts, assemblies or completed aircraft. Uses some judgment in obtaining desired finish and may work under the guidance and instruction from the Subject Matter Expert.
2. Uses spray gun, simple hand tools, Zahn cup and other measuring instruments.
3. Professionally applies paint to surface maintaining finish requirements acceptable to department supervision and quality control. For refurbishment aircraft, applies chemical paint removers.
4. Adjusts and cleans spray gun and paint equipment or other company tools checked out for performing job assignments.
5. Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly and works in accordance with general safety practices.
6. General supervision needed in order the complete tasks plus additional on the job training required.
7. Needs assistance to find solutions in order to solve problems.
8. Listens to concerns and responds appropriately based on feedback given through the learning curve.
9. Will learn to identify the need for improvements and be open to new ideas
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Painter experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in all paint processes (to include layout, prep, and detail).
- Team oriented, self-driven and safety conscious.
- Goal-oriented and driven to meet and/or exceed quality expectations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kansas-Independence
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift Second Shift
Req ID: 291646