Otis Elevator Company General Manager - Kansas City, MO in Kansas City, Kansas
United States of America
OT517: TMK - KANSAS CITY, KS 1100 West Cambridge Circle Dr, Kansas City, KS, 66103 USA
Otis Elevator Company is searching for a highly motivated General/Branch Manager responsible for all areas of the business including P&L, sales, field operations, customer satisfaction, and overall general business management along with fostering a team environment.
· Hire, develop, and manage a team of salaried and field associates
· Manage direct reports by providing coaching, mentorship, guidance, and constructive feedback to promote employee development
· Meet or exceed all financial performance targets including profit and net working capital
· Grow the profitability of this branch operation to meet or exceed business objectives
· Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager to create and execute sales strategy that will increase branch profitability and share of elevator market
· Ensure that sales goals are achieved, new customers are added to increase revenues, and relations with existing customers are maintained
· Manage all field activities for the most cost-effective results
· Lead in safety and EH&S programs while creating and promoting a safety culture that is present and part of every associate’s everyday work routine
Education / Certifications
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Master’s degree a plus
· 5+ years’ experience in the elevator industry experience required
· Ability to lead a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment
· Candidate must demonstrate strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills to effectively develop expectations and relationships with internal and external customers
· Needs to be self-motivated and able to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities
· Successful candidate should be very comfortable in a technical environment utilizing Microsoft based computer software
· Strong leadership skills, goal-orientated, and self-motivated with strong time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated experience managing and driving change
· Ability to prioritize, take on new challenges, be detailed oriented, and make sound business decisions
· Strong business acumen with demonstrated business decision making skills
· Management experience highly preferred
Otis is the world’s largest elevator and escalator manufacturing, installation and service business. We serve customers in over 200 countries and territories around the world and maintain more than 2 million elevators and escalators globally. Our Gen2® elevator system, energy-saving ReGen™ drive technology and Link escalator solutions have set industry standards for innovation and performance. Otis has more than 69,000 employees, including engineers, digital technology experts, sales and functional specialists, as well as factory and field technicians. We are proud to be a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving, high-performance company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures to better serve our customers. So just imagine where you can take your career!
Otis is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (https://www.otis.com/corporate/privacy-policy/Job-Applicant/) to read the Policy and Terms
We go to great lengths to hire and develop the best people, and offer a supportive environment where employees are motivated and empowered to perform at their full potential. Today, we continue pushing the boundaries of what's possible to thrive in a taller, faster, smarter world.