Nucor Corporation Maintenance I- 2nd shift- 12th Street - 1099377100-3777 in Kansas City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12764401
Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Follow company and OSHA safety procedures
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program
- Maintain industrial machinery and equipment- daily inspections, reporting defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Moves, assembles, installs, or dismantles machinery
- Operate fork lift and skid steer.
- Visual inspection of equipment, identifying repairs and assist with repairs.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates for traffic coordination, production, and safety procedures
- Willing to cross-train and assist other teammates as needed
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and vendors
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Ability to be flexible and display a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work Monday to Friday and Saturdays as required
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Basic math and computer skills
- Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard.
- Willing to learn, be adaptable and be self-motivated
Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
Knowledge of operating fork lift and skid steer
Bilingual preferred- Spanish
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace- Military