CBRE Sr SQL Systems Engineer (Smart Buildings) in Kansas City, Kansas
Sr SQL Systems Engineer (Smart Buildings)
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
ADDITIONAL JOB SUMMARY
Under general to broad supervision, manages and allocates ESB and ROC infrastructure resources by monitoring and maintaining system platforms in support of CBRE's information technology operations. Provides full-stack development and management solutions and wide area network (WAN) systems. SQL management is based on different data sources (protocols) and data stream quality checks including data lake administrative work. May serve as technical lead for projects with complex requirements. May also install and administer application software and manage the middleware component. Will manage data ingestion, warehousing, and integrity from IoT sensors and Smart Building systems.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand sources of data in building management systems, and work with stakeholders to describe and understand data lineage and suitability for a use case.
• Data mining duty as an Online Analytics Processing (OLAP) SME to support internal & external projects.
• Design and develop database objects, stored procedures, views, functions, tables, and triggers; ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
• Detailed understanding of SQL Windows functions and complex SQL queries. • Write and optimize SQL statements for data access and retention.
• Troubleshoots and resolves system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and providing corrective actions.
• Monitor database performance parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
• Develops, installs, and tests new network hardware & software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software-related problems.
• Authentication support for EDLP and Azure components including DevOps, frontend, and serverless SQL platform management. Azure Subscription-related management as an owner.
• Monitors smart building systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure the security of systems.
• Provides senior-level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding systems architecture and evaluates existing solutions and infrastructure and provides recommendations.
• Collaborate with developers on database design, query tuning, and schema refinement on current infrastructure projects.
• Approves system designs and functions as a project lead as required.
• Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions.
• Manages and maintains the hardware, software, security, and connectivity to the Internet as well as middleware components.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to co-workers. May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower-level employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience. Requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Typically has 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience inSQL database management and/or administration.
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES
OLAP Certification is highly desired. Technical certifications in the specialty area, such as CISCO or Microsoft. Proficient in Visual Studio, MS SQL, Python, and Smart Building Data Analytics experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. − OTHER SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES Click or tap here to enter text.
ADDITIONAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with a thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to coworkers, supervisor, and the Client. Must reflect the CBRE RISE values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence) in all daily working practices.
Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the position is $110,000 annually and the maximum salary for the position is $130,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)