Cardinal Health Customer Project Specialist in Kansas, Kansas
What Program and Project Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Cardinal Health's Program/Project Management is responsible for planning, developing, communicating, implementation, and evaluating programs that involve working with external entities and their corresponding resources as well as with the company's internal resources. May manage project and/or program managers within assigned program and/or project. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule, and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
The Project Specialist (PS) is a specialist-level position within the Optimization Services Consulting and Project Management Team. The PS is anticipated to be deployed to billable customer projects 80% of the year (approximately 40 weeks) and may travel up to 80% of the time in support of customer projects. A PS will provide oversight for and perform tasks associated with improving customer’s inventory management practices. Projects will vary in length, from one week to greater than 12 months, and typically work is onsite at the customer locations Monday through Thursday weekly.
A key requirement for this role is to conduct business dealings with customers in a way that creates a superior customer experience, starting with initial introductions through project completion. Commitment to deadlines and outcomes is critical.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project management concepts and principles.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical processes and supply chainoperations.
Independently manage multiple and complex implementation project planson a department level.
- Anticipate project risks andrecommend action formitigation.
- Serveas resource and/or mentor to team and less experiencedProjectSpecialists.
- Presentand communicateprojects tohospital leadership.
Resolveconflicts across project team members and customers without functional intervention.
Influenceinternal and external customer expectations so ensure that expectations are aligned.
The successful PShasproject managementand team leadership experience, has knowledge of hospital supply chainsoperations, is a self-starter, has excellent communication skills, is well organized, and is comfortable and experienced in contacting and conversing withhospital leadership, clinicians, andmaterials management personnel. A successful PS will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships, have a collaborative approach in a team environment, possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills, and hold themselves accountable to the highest level of standards.
- BachelorsDegreein related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 4+years experiencein related field preferred.
Lean Six Sigma Certification or PMP Certification preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Must provide proofof, andmaintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Annual TB/PPD (skin test), andTetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Works on complex projects of large scope.
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
Completes work independently and receives general guidance on new projects.
Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.