American Express Field Account Development Dedicated Manager in Kansas
The Field Account Development Dedicated Manager sits within a geographical territory and is responsible for the retention and continuous growth of our existing US Small & Medium Enterprise key client relationships. This entails having overall management of a defined portfolio of key existing accounts, identifying the evolving needs of our clients, ensuring we continue to serve those needs with our array of cash flow and payment solutions, to deepen our relationship with these clients. The key measurements of success for this Manager will be portfolio level account retention and volume growth.
Candidates must reside in the following territory: Shawnee, KS.
Planning (10 – 20% of time)
▪ Identify accounts that are not utilizing the full terms and benefits of their AXP commercial products and prioritize those clients, identify top client information and track opportunity development in CRM database
Relationship management (10 – 20% of time)
▪ Proactively reach out to customers to uncover opportunities, treat the customer until there’s a change in customer spend in alignment with growth or retention conversations
▪ Develop client specific value proposition, identify key steps (strategy and tactics) to meet short and long-term client objectives
Client solution (20 – 30% of time)
▪ Use consultative skills to maintain and develop the existing customer relationship and substantially grow charge volume (e.g., onboarding new vendors, expanding existing vendors, adding supplemental cards)
▪ Maintain a high level of knowledge about American Express products, processes (Underwriting, Line Increase, Customer Financials, Pricing, Contract), key internal partners (Risk, UWA, PPI) and tools (ONE.force, C360)
Negotiate and close (20 – 30% of time)
▪ Seek opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell commensurate with the needs of the client
▪ Partner closely with Tele Dedicated Portfolio Account Development and Tele Strategic Expansion teams when a telephone-managed customer requires a face-to-face visit
▪ Answer customer inquiries and bring in technical sales and product specialists to support technical implementation
Compliance (100% of time)
▪ Ensure all aspects of the American Express Code of Conduct, and our Sales Practices policies, standard, and procedures, are adhered to so that we uphold the highest standards in our interactions with our customers and compliantly meet all regulatory requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
▪ Strong customer relationship building skills to follow through and motivate clients to act
▪ Effectively identifies client needs to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
▪ Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers
Influence & persuasion
▪ Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/or services
▪ Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with American Express
▪ Demonstrates a competitive, positive attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
Market, industry, & product knowledge
▪ Understands at a tactical level market/industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulation
▪ High learning agility
▪ Intellectually curious
▪ Collaborative and growth mindset
▪ Personal accountability
▪ Compliance focused
▪ Bachelor's degree preferred
▪ Excellent sales experience, 3 - 5 years minimum
▪ Experience partnering with clients across various markets / industries
▪ Experience in a highly-regulated industry
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Primary Location: US-Kansas
Req ID: 22017866