Cardinal Health Scientist, Real World Evidence in Kansas
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
TheScientist, Real-World Evidence and Insightswill have responsibility to support the design and implementation of innovative Real-World Evidence (RWE)/Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) strategies and activities to produce scientific evidence and publications for our pharmaceutical clients, with guidance from Senior Scientists. Ideally, this individual will have experience conducting observational research studies from various data sources including administrative claims, electronic health records (EHR), or through primary data collection.
The Scientist will assist Lead and Senior Scientists in developing study proposals, research protocols, and statistical analysis plans; conducting analyses; and reporting results. The position requires strong verbal and written communications skills (e.g., research protocol development). Candidates with additional experience conducting pharmacoeconomics research are also sought.
- Remote, work from home
- Ability to travel up to 15% for client meetings and conferences
- Support the generation of high-quality real-world research studies using administrative claims, EHR, and primary data collection.
- Conduct background product/disease area literature reviews.
- Draft portions of research proposals, research protocols, table shells, statistical analysis plans, and study reports.
- Proactively address research design and analytical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment engaging on multiple projects with multiple manufacturers at the same time
- Support the development of research study concepts, protocol, and reports.
- Utilize appropriate research methods and data sources to deliver high-value and quality real-world research to pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Prepare proposal requests for RWE/HEOR work projects and manages selection process
- Prepare technical presentations and actively engage with the external environment in improving the state of the discipline
- Prepare HEOR data as background materials for discussion with pharmaceutical customers
- Communicate effectively and professionally with pharmaceutical HEOR customers
- Ability to provide excellent customer service when delivering work on projects
- Develop expertise in RWE/HEOR through publications and presentations of scientific research
- Collaborate with HEOR team, as required, to compile evidence required to execute projects for pharmaceutical clients
- Generate communication materials, publications, and reports
- Interact with HEOR personnel to assist with background materials for reports and publications
- Interact with HEOR staff to identify research activities and/or evidence to advance health care efficiencies for pharmaceutical clients
- Masters degree or PhD highly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in conducting observational research, highly preferred
- Direct oncology work, preferred
- Problem-solving capability as demonstrated by ability to evaluate threats and opportunities and modify as appropriate
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice
- Proactive application of therapeutic area and disease treatment knowledge in oncology
- Demonstrated success implementing projects, including engagement with key stakeholders, with high degree of autonomy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.