Kansas Employer Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (LaCygne) in Lacygne, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12654328
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the behavioral health clinical team. This position is responsible for providing psychiatric social work assistance to patients through assessment, intervention, evaluation and monitoring patient progress. Collaborates with medical and behavioral health team in treatment of patients. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Provides mental health screening, assessment, evaluate, monitor and provide brief, focused intervention to include individual and family therapy.
- Counsels individuals or family members regarding behavior modifications, rehabilitation, social adjustments;
- Counsels parents with child rearing problems and children and youth with difficulties in social adjustments;
- Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities, physical and mental impairments;
- Refers client to community resources for needed assistance;
- Arranges for medical, psychiatric, and other tests that may disclose cause of difficulties and indicate remedial measures;
- Participates in quality improvement activities;
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation;
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.