University of Kansas American Sign Language Lecturer in Lawrence, Kansas
The University of Kansas Department Of Special Education invites applications for part-time, temporary lecturer positions as course instructors in American Sign Language courses. Amount of work required can vary by position and will range in FTE. Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool for future consideration. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Part-time lecturers teach undergraduate-level courses and possibly graduate-level ASL courses.
- Master's Degree in Deaf Studies, American Sign Language, Deaf Education, or a related discipline or Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in ASL
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching as evidenced in application materials
- One year or more of experience teaching ASL to undergraduate students
- A PhD in Deaf Studies, American Sign language, Deaf Education or a related discipline
- ASLTA Certification
- Evidence in application materials of positive contributions to the Deaf community.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to employ multiple teaching strategies to create student-centered classrooms
- An understanding of the working Code of Ethics for ASL Interpreters
- Capable of working independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population, effectively utilizing excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patience and resourcefulness in motivating and inspiring students to achieve excellence in their foreign language development.
- A working knowledge of the Signing Naturally Curriculum
Contact Information to Applicants
Shaunna Price - Shaunna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes: (1) Online application, with the following attached; (2) Resume; (3) a cover letter; (4) a list of three professional references including contact information.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Advertised Salary Range: $4000 - $4,500 per course
Application Review Begins: 02-May-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
Employee Class: F-Faculty
Position Number: Various