Trinitas Community Assistant in Lawrence, Kansas
Principal Objective of Position:
The Community Assistant is responsible to deliver superior service to current and prospective residents at all times and to promote and foster a strong community atmosphere that contributes to a positive, quality living experience through outreach, marketing, events, interactions with residents, and achieving occupancy and retention goals by performing administrative tasks related to leasing.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide a positive experience for residents by delivering the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Assist with resident complaints, concerns, requests, and/or questions and ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
• Assist in the completion of all outreach activities as assigned.
• Assist each current and prospective resident with the completion of the leasing process from lead formation to lease completion.
• Lead prospective residents on guided property tours.
• Follow up with all assigned leads according to Trinitas policy using property management software.
• Participate fully in the preparation, administration, and execution of all Move Ins and Move Outs.
• Act as a liaison between residents and property management.
• Promote awareness of job opportunities to potential candidates on campus and in the community.
• Help to mediate conflict with or between residents to create a respectful living community.
• Maintain confidentiality of all company, client, and resident information at all times.
• Plan, attend, document, and evaluate community wide social, recreational, and educational events in accordance with the U Life platform.
• Abide by all property and company policies to be a role model for fellow residents.
• Maintain the provided model apartment in a clean and welcoming manner.
• Respond to resident calls after business hours to assist with lockouts and other minor resident issues.
• Adhere to Fair Housing laws and standards.
• Attend and participate in all weekly staff meetings and any special/emergency meetings as required.
• Understand and abide by all Trinitas Ventures policies and procedures.
• Understand, communicate, and administer community safety, emergency, and fire evacuation policies and procedures and provide emergency response and referral services and resources when necessary.
• Assist in keeping the community clean by surveying common areas and reporting any concerns and/or helping with the clean up when necessary.
• Complete room/apartment inspections and inventories when assigned.
• Complete and submit required reports by deadlines set by manager.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university with minimum of 6 credit hours.
• Must have completed a minimum of 1 year at the enrolled accredited college or university.
• Must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average. GPA will be verified each semester. Failure to maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA may result in probation, suspension, or release from the Community Assistant position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Availability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, manuals, safety procedures and/or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and general business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, and the general public.
• Strong ability to be flexible and adapt to unexpected situations.
• Ability and willingness to serve as a positive role model to other residents.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• Knowledge of Email, Internet, Outlook, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to travel back and forth from the property to outreach events, campus, or other locations as needed.
• Ability to work during the Summer Turnover Period, performing tasks delegated by property management.
• Ability to work as needed during designated school breaks including but not limited to Spring, Fall and Winter Break.
• Knowledge of property management concepts and procedures preferred.
• Knowledge of all phases of leasing and resident retention preferred.
• Knowledge of property management programs and software preferred.
• Ability to live onsite to perform necessary after-hours property checks and/or respond to minor afterhours resident calls when needed.
• Valid driver’s license is preferred
Community Assistant Evaluation:
All Community Assistants will be subject to a Community Assistant Evaluation at the end of each semester. The evaluation will measure areas pertaining to academic requirements, an assessment of job performance and ability to fulfill job description requirements/essential functions, and a recommendation to continue employment for another semester. This evaluation will not result in a change in compensation. Previous employment does not represent a commitment to maintain employment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Will be expected to participate in all assigned property marketing events that occur both indoors and outdoors in variety of weather conditions.
• Ability to walk short and long distances to complete apartment inspections and other required tasks.
• Ability to effectively use a computer to execute various documents and tasks. This will require close vision and the ability to manipulate a keyboard.
External Company Name: Trinitas Ventures LLC
External Company URL: www.trinitas-ventures.com
Street: 1601 W 33rd Street