University of Kansas Grant Coordinator - Pre-Award in Lawrence, Kansas
The KU Life Span Institute seeks a Grant Coordinator. This position will assist LSI affiliated investigators and staff with discovering funding opportunities, preparing and submitting proposal and technical reports to external funding agencies.
50% Assist principal investigators (PIs) and other project development staff in proposal preparation including compliance with Federal, State, University and KUCR policies for grant and contract proposals. Specialize in budget development and review, especially complex multi-project or site proposals. Coordinate, edit and format collaborative proposal narratives including center grants and program projects conforming to agency specifications. Verify correct formats, including length, font size, and other restrictions to avoid proposal being rejected due to "formatting" errors.
30% Review proposals for budgetary compliance and justification: Verifying allowable costs, salary restrictions, pre- and post-award conditions, travel limitations, F&A; rates, F&A; return and reporting requirements. Review grant applications, make revisions as needed. Assures proper signatures on proposals for transmission to meet funding agency deadlines. Work with PIs and administrative staff to ensure that proposals are submitted on time. Prepare, upload, and verify electronically submitted proposals. Communicate with PIs about any ensuing problems with electronic submissions. Enter proposal data into Streamlyne and interact with various University compliance and reporting tools.
10% Performs follow-up regarding compliance issues (minimally, on an annual basis). Alert PIs and assist them with the preparation of "Just-in-Time" (JIT) reports for NIH in anticipation of the receipt of grant awards. Assist investigators and LSI staff with no-cost extension requests, non-competing continuations, budget revisions for project setup, etc.
5% Communicate with LSI investigators regularly about research opportunities and new funding initiatives. Represent the Life Span Institute's Project Development team on committees and at meetings with KUCR and the Office of Research. Serve as a liaison to KUCR-PreAward office, KUCR-Contracts, COI, HSC and IACUC Committees to ensure LSI compliance with policies and proper submission of all forms of proposals.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field and 2 years’ relevant work experience (administrative, grant, accounting support, etc.).
- At least 2 years’ experience working independently to accomplish complex, detail-oriented tasks to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment as evidenced by previous work experience.
- Excellent written communication skills. Written communication skills will be evaluated by quality of application materials.
- At least 3 years’ experience with computers including spreadsheet, word processing, and database software programs.
- At least 1 year of experience with NIH, USDE, NSF, HHS, or other relevant federal or state agency grant preparation or grant administration.
- Intermediate math skills as evidenced by work history and/or coursework.
- Previous knowledge of and experience working in a university research environment.
- Previous experience with University of Kansas electronic research administration systems.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jessica Black-Magnussen, email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete the online application and provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, and a resume with contact information of 3 professional references that can attest to your qualifications and work experience. Deadline to apply is June 22, 2018.
Monday through Friday 8:00pm - 5:00pm
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Advertised Salary Range: $44,000 - $48,000
Application Review Begins: 23-Jun-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Conditions of Employment: Contingent on Funding
Job Family: Administrative/Management-KUL