Aerotek Mechanical Engineer in Lawrence, Kansas
One of the most respected consulting firms in the Topeka area is looking to expand their team with an experienced, resourceful and organized Mechanical Engineer. There are also significant opportunities for professional and personal development within the organization. In this mentored role, c andidates will perform duties that relate to the design of HVAC and plumbing systems. As a Design Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engineering projects, therefore gaining more experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Design heating-ventilation-cooling systems and plumbing systems.
• Load calculations, life cycle costing and energy modeling.
• Coordinate with other disciplines and work in a team environment.
• Review installation of designed equipment/systems for compliance with construction documents.
• Perform duties with multiple projects within the established schedules.
• Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
• Work on concurrent projects.
• Prepare construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope
• Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
• Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
• Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree
• 0-2 years relevant work experience
• Engineer in Training (EIT) required, pursuing Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred.
• Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills required
• Experience in the design, layout, and analysis for HVAC and plumbing systems preferred.
• Knowledge of LEED principles.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.