University of Kansas POOL: Life Drawing Model in Lawrence, Kansas
Modeling for art studio classes and individual artists is a time-honored profession providing employment to practitioners in art schools and urban centers throughout the U.S.A. and the world. Work as a fine arts model requires some degree of stamina and flexibility as well as a respect for the classroom and the importance and discipline of drawing. These models will frequently model in the nude for figure painting & drawing classes.
- The ability to construct interesting poses from a variety of views
- To hold long poses if given regular breaks
- To string very short poses together for quick gestural drawings
- To be comfortable with a large variety of poses
- The willingness to work with the professor in class to provide special environments or costumes.
All required qualifications will be measured by your application materials. Please list details and skills in the following areas:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Ability to hold poses for extended periods of time.
- Stamina and flexibility.
- Respect for the classroom and the importance and discipline of drawing the human form.
- Dependable & punctual.
- Previous nude modeling experience.
Contact Information to Applicants
Sarah Thomas email@example.com 785-864-2951
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes an online application and resume.
Review of applications begins on July 30, 2018 and continues as needed.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Advertised Salary Range: $15/hour
Application Review Begins: 30-Jul-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (Hourly)
Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Anticipated Start Date: 20-Aug-2018