ICL Quality and Food Safety Manager in Lawrence, Kansas
Quality and Food Safety Manager
Date: Nov 25, 2022
Posting End Date:
Lawrence, KS, US, 66044
Company: ICL Specialty Products Inc
As the Quality & Food Safety Manager, you will provide necessary leadership and technical knowledge to ensure superior laboratory services, improve product quality and plant reliability through our Quality & Food Safety Systems. The Quality & Food Safety Manager supports the plant health and safety objectives, manages departments costs within budget while looking for ways to lower analytical and quality related costs. This position is the management representative for Quality & Food Safety and training is equivalent to PCQI.
I’m interested! What will I get to do in this position?
Ensure EHS Compliance:
• Unsafe conditions are recognized and corrected
• Preventive programs are in place to maintain safe conditions
• Ensure compliance with MOC process.
• Ensure compliance with required product validations.
• Attend monthly safety meeting and completes regulatory ESH&T requirements
• Must successfully complete RCRA introductory/orientation training
• Must successfully complete RCRA annual refresher trailing
• Potential RCRA responsibilities
o Inspect RCRA waste storage areas
o Safely operate hazardous waste equipment and/or processes
o Safely package, label, store, load and ship hazardous wastes
o Ensure that hazardous waste manifest and documentation requirements are met
o Respond to hazardous waste incidents and notify proper authorities
o Maintain equipment associated with hazardous waste management
• Perform job safely, in an environmentally sound manner and in accordance with all cGMP requirements
• Actively support the plant ESHST goals and plans.
Manage Quality Assurance & Food Safety Systems
• Ensure compliance with FSSC22000 standard
• Ensure compliance with HACCP & HARPC
• Ensure compliance with ISO certifications for quality and food safety
• Promote continuous improvement in cGMP’s requirements
• Participate as the plant lead for any FDA/KS Dept. of Ag. audits
• Manage the NSF certification
• Manage Halal and Kosher certifications
• Manage NF compliance
• Food safety representative for the site & serve as Qualified Individual
• Member of the Food Safety Team and is the Food Safety Team Leader.
• Manage quality requirements including FSSC22000, ISO 9001, NSF, cGMPs, NF, HACCP, HARPC, FSMA and Food Defense
• Facilitate Management Review Meetings/ Quality and Food Safety Meetings
• Coordinate input and output data for Management Review
• Manage quality and food safety records
• Manage shelf-life studies
• Manage external and internal food safety communications
Manage Quality Control
• Analytical issues are investigated promptly, and corrective actions prevent recurrence
• Ensures maintain analytical information in orderly, accessible manner.
• Facilitate clear, concise communication flow between businesses and laboratory
• Coordinate sample requests, identification/disposition of nonconforming material, re-sampling frequency and C of A issues.
Other Administrative Duties
• Provide operational support to the sites on quality issues
• Develop operations personnel to participate in customer activities such as investigation of customer complaints, participation in customer visits and in understanding product applications
• Participate in community visits where necessary
• Communicate Quality & Food Safety Systems/Quality Assurance news to plant
• Support implementation of projects across the plant
• Review costs and variances monthly and variances are addressed
• Cost improvement ideas and high potential items are pursued
• Variances forecast in accordance with controller policies
• Budgets are developed with appropriate documentation
• Manage/participate in customer visits/audits
• Interface with MTS/Sales
• Respond to customer needs
• Communicate/advocate plant capabilities
• Ensure compliance with corporate imperatives
• Manage/participate in supplier audits & visits
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
• Bachelor’s degree in food safety, Chemical/Technical degree or equivalent
• 3+ years’ experience managing people
• 3+ years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or equivalent
• Experience in working in a food grade facility.
• Organizational leadership, teaching, team building, staffing
• Leadership of major change effort
• Listening, oral and written communication
• Problem solving
• Ability to build and manage systems
What will set me apart:
• GFSI understanding
• ISO 9001 knowledge and auditor experience desired
Job Level: 16
Salary Range: $82K-$158K/year
To learn more, visit : https://www.icl-lawrence.com/
We’ve got you covered:
ICL is committed to offering you a comprehensive set of benefits to empower you and your family physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. The benefits we offer to our diverse and inclusive workforce include:
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits that start quickly – the first of the month after hire
• Tax-advantaged health savings and spending accounts (when applicable)
• Wellness Incentive Program to lower your health insurance cost
• Generous Leave and FMLA policies
• Prescription program that provides most generic maintenance medications at no cost (including Insulin products & EpiPens)
• 401k eligibility from day one of employment with a generous company matching contribution. 100% vested after one year of service
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free membership to a program that offers various discounts for travel, entertainment, groceries, and much more
Who is ICL?
ICL is a leading global specialty minerals and chemicals company that creates impactful solutions for humanity’s sustainability challenges in global food, agriculture, and industrial markets. ICL leverages its unique bromine, potash and phosphate resources, its passionate team of talented employees and its strong focus on R&D and technological innovation to drive growth across its end markets. Our agricultural products feed the world’s growing population, our food additives enable greater access to higher quality food, our potash and phosphate products are essential components for the pharma industry and our bromine-based materials and phosphates contribute to a more energy efficient and environmentally friendly planet.
ICL’s operations are organized under four segments: Industrial Products (Bromine), Potash, Phosphate Solutions and Growers Solutions. With approximately 12,000 employees worldwide, ICL operates mining and production sites located in Israel, Europe, North and South America and China which are supported by worldwide distribution and supply chains. Due to strong synergies between its business units and their mutual support, ICL benefits from its advantageous size, geographical spread, and operational flexibility. With a culture based upon leadership, innovation, and sustainability, ICL is well positioned to be an Employer of Choice within the communities in which we operate. To learn more about ICL,click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF9-T9S-uiU) .
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabilities