University of Kansas Student Hourly/Work Study - Spencer - University Archives in Lawrence, Kansas
Assists in the sorting, arranging, describing, and processing of papers, photographs, publications, audio/visual material, etc. from University of Kansas units. Other duties include:
- Shelving, shifting, and retrieval of boxes from stack areas.
- Creating box listings for various departmental records and other data entry.
- Providing assistance to Archives staff in transferring records from units and individuals.
- Assisting Archives staff with special projects, exhibits, or events.
- Assisting Archives staff in responding to reference requests, answering the telephone, photocopying, miscellaneous office support, and special projects or events.
- Capable to work 10 hrs/week, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., M-F, in 2 hour blocks of time.
- Past experience demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions accurately as evidenced by the application material.
- Lift 30-35 lbs with or without assistance.
- Previous experience in archival, library, or museum work.
- Experience organizing large groups of records.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Access and Excel.
- Qualified for Work Study Program.
Contact Information to Applicants
Letha Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
Position Requirement - Ability to lift 30-40 lbs with or without assistance.
*Dependent on budget, students may be able to work up to 40 hours a week when classes are not in session over breaks.
10 hrs/week, Monday-Friday
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Advertised Salary Range: $8.00 per hour.
Application Review Begins: 07-Jul-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
Anticipated Start Date: 16-Jul-2018