American Academy of Family Physicians Member Support and Operations Specialist I in Leawood, Kansas
The Member Support and Operations Specialist is the frontline contact with our members/customers. The Specialist is responsible for effectively handling member and customer contacts through various communication channels: phone, chat, written correspondence. This role requires an ability to demonstrate problem solving skills which can include utilizing various troubleshooting techniques. A successful Specialist can engage in meaningful conversations by building rapport and further convey/demonstrate member value within the AAFP. The team’s goal is to ensure that member/customer requests are handled appropriately, professionally and timely. In addition, the Specialist handles data entry responsibilities, projects and filing. No travel required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior level of customer service to internal and external contacts.
- Identify and handle member/customer contacts and inquiries completely, accurately, and timely regardless of channel (in and outbound phone, e-mail, mail, fax, etc.) in a fast-paced environment.
- Resolve member/customer complaints and problems to the satisfaction of the member/customer, including any questions/issues requiring follow-up and exercises independent judgment within set guidelines.
- Enter member/customer data and other relevant information into Association Management System or other data repository as required. Exceptional data entry skills are highly desired.
- Educate the member/customer about AAFP’s products and services, maximizing the opportunity to inform them about AAFP Programs, Products, Projects and Services.
- Maintain confidentiality of AAFP members/customers and data.
- Participate in individual and team meetings.
- Adhere to work schedule as planned.
- Must be adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service/communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Positive, professional and customer-oriented attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to organize and communicate information clearly
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Accept coaching and direction
- Patient, adaptable, team player
- Proficient with computers, including excellent typing speed
- Ability to handle a repetitive and varied workload
- Knowledge of Excel and Word is helpful
Helping Family Physicians Advance Health
Job Location: Leawood, Kansas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 29-18