First Federal Bank of Kansas City Retail Training Specialist in Leawood, Kansas
First Federal Bank exists to help people build a better financial future, and for almost a century, our team has focused on home ownership and prosperity for all. When you join the First Federal family, youll be supported by a diverse, talented, energetic group of individuals who strive to help you and our customers achieve financial wellness. When our employees feel valued, our customers feel valued, and our community grows. We are Better. Together.
Listen to what our employees had to say about working with First Federal Bank of Kansas City!
SUMMARY\ First Federal Bank of Kansas City is currently seeking a collaborative and engaging Retail Training Specialist to join our organization and deliver on our mission of helping people build a better financial future. In this role, you\'ll be responsible for the growth and profitability of the retail banking workforce through the design, deliver, and evaluation of training and development programs that are aligned with the Bank\'s strategic goals. This individual will support the mission, vision, values, and culture of First Federal Bank of Kansas City by supporting Retail Banking training needs to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives, maintaining a positive workplace and promoting a cohesive team.
The trainer will also partner with the Training Department to maintain the bank\'s Learning Management System (LMS) as an administrator responsible for updating retail banking training records. The trainer is expected to use professional consulting techniques when collaborating, contacting, and communicating with all employees to create innovative solutions. The trainer should be highly motivated to innovate in technology and training delivery to maximize talent, engage our workforce, and allow learners to demonstrate measurable improvement in skills, knowledge, and confidence.
Work Schedule: On-site: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (hours may vary) and some Saturdays 8:00 am - noon.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enthusiastically articulate and continually promote the bank\'s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- The Retail Training Specialist will act as a collaborative partner seeking input and working closely with Consumer Banking leadership, Retail leadership, the corporate Training Department, and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to coordinate, develop, deliver, and evaluate training including; consultative sales, customer service, banking fundamentals, product knowledge, skill development, cross-training, new hire training, refresher courses, major procedural updates, new or updated technology, system conversions, soft skills, and hard skills related topics.
- Responsible for the delivery of classes to new and existing employees via various delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, and blended instruction in accordance with standard operating procedures, regulatory guidelines, and learning best practices.
- Revise and deliver Retail Training Program for new hires and existing employees by developing, optimizing, executing, and tracking training deliverables.
- Lead retail training projects, as directed by the Chief Banking Officer and in partnership with the Director of Training and Development, to completion and track success for reporting and improvement purposes.
- Work closely with the Director of Training and Development to identify and prescribe the appropriate learning methods, such as development tools, reference materials, workshops, job shadowing, online training courses, and in-person training, based on scope and needs.
- Continually adjust and improve programs, based on Chief Banking Officer\'s direction and in partnership with strategic and performance alignment to training and development needs.
- Exhibit the ability to design and facilitate training programs around; consultative relationship building, customer experience, and leadership effectivene s to meet the evolving needs of the Retail organization.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) in taking a consulting approach and maintaining a goal-driven rather than task-focused approach to training development.
- Challenge the status quo, champion change, and influence others to change with a continuous focus on improvement and offering innovative suggestions to management.
- Use technology to create training efficiencies, track participation, and document learner progress.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the latest learning theories, Learning Management System updates, and training/development solutions. Apply instructional design principles for in-person and virtual classroom training sessions.
- Has insight into industry trends. Advanced understanding of business lines and a growing understanding of the overall organization and the competitive environment. Seeks out new learning.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through exemplifying excellent customer service, contributing to an exceptional customer experience, providing coaching and guidance to develop the retail banking team, effective planning, time management and organizational skills to manage multiple, competing deadlines and projects, and possess strong communication skills to include active listening, presentation, writing, and speaking.
- Deliver commitments through effective prioritization of skills, time management, attention to detail, and delegation.
- Serve as a performance consultant analyzing training needs and potential skill gaps across the Retail organization, including conducting needs assessments, evaluating training objectives, measuring the effectiveness of training to ensure return on investment using metrics and data analysis.
- Serve as host and moderator for SME training sessions, including assisting with training materials preparation, editing of SME materials, recording live sessions, calendaring training, sending invites and reminders, and completing any follow-up required.
- Maintain a Retail Training calendar of internal and vendor courses.
- Serve as an LMS Administrator to both grow and maintain the LMS as a training resource, essential tool for tracking employee growth , and compliance reporting.
- Keep current with FFBKC policy and procedures. Maintain knowledge of bank programs and guidelines to support training needs.
- Complies with all applicable banking laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and related anti-money laundering statutes; and, federal consumer protection legislation and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS\ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent customer service skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands customer relationships, contributes to the bank\'s growth, and enhances its image.
Sales experience and knowledge of various sales techniques.
Demonstrated ability of effective selling, cross-selling, and referral skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to gain customer confidence, trust, and respect.
Ability to work with people at all levels.
Strong attention to detail and possession of solid organizational, time management, and project management skills to be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
Ability to be a creative, flexible, and innovative team player.