Aerotek Staff Accountant in Leawood, Kansas
In this position you will work with a team of accountants to accurately record expenses and create monthly general ledger journal entries, in accordance with U.S. GAAP for the monthly close process. You will also support the accounting department in other capacities as needed. This individual should work with high intensity and integrity, possess intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate teamwork abilities and have a passion for excellence.
• Perform several aspects of the month-end close process by preparing necessary journal entries, supporting schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
• Code and enter bills into NetSuite and send through the advanced workflows for approval and payment authorization
• Implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures
• Assist with annual financial audit; prepare audit schedules and answer audit inquiries as requested
• Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses as needed
Accounting, General ledger, Balance sheet, Month end, Gaap, Reconciliation
Top Skills Details:
Accounting,General ledger,Balance sheet
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of GAAP and accrual accounting
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Highly detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Works well under pressure
• Dependable and flexible
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.