Kiewit Corporation Architect- Industrial Building Group in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 127420
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is currently searching for an architect to be a part of a top 5 construction company, building multi-million-dollar power, industrial, oil and gas, water and transit projects.
The architect will work within the Industrial Buildings Group as part of an overall project team overseeing the building architectural design. The Industrial Buildings Group is a diverse group of architects and engineers, as a part of Kiewit Engineering, Inc., and is responsible for all phases of the project life cycle for all buildings within Kiewit projects. The architect is responsible for managing fast paced projects including coordination and collaboration with project engineers and contractors for successful execution of building estimates, conceptual design, construction documents and construction administration.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Design Group, which includes process, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Consumer Products, Heavy Manufacturing, Industrial Buildings Industrial Water and Utilities. We have specialized expertise in plant floor process design, packaging, refrigerated/frozen facility design, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Complete life safety and code analysis by reviewing codes and standards, coordinating related design items with Authority Having Jurisdiction, and communicate findings with the team.
• Manage architectural design for the buildings, ensure the project complies with Kiewit standards while maintaining budget and schedule.
• Coordinate with electrical, HVAC, plumbing and structural design engineers for complete building design.
• Support, inform, and advise the project team, and client on the building design as it develops.
• Experience with specification writing.
• Assist in providing technical bid analysis reviews during the bid period and determining practicality of submittals.
• Experience with the value engineering process and provide alternative recommendations to the project team as they relate to project budgets and associated construction costs.
• Manage and maintain project schedules, direct, and manage architectural team.
• Mentor junior architectural staff assisting in their career development.
• Familiar and confident in understanding the workflow required to estimate, bid and construct buildings in an Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC), and Design-Build environment.
• Experience with checking and navigating 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Reviews and coordinates shop drawings during construction administration.
• Perform field work as required for project execution.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
• At least 3 years of architecture experience.
• Experience with execution of all building project design phases from concept to construction.
• Experience with estimating support for construction projects.
• Understanding of Metal Building Structures for industrial projects, a plus.
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, Microsoft Office applications, Bluebeam and Navisworks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Architectural license in home state.
• NCARB Certification preferred.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.