Thermo Fisher Scientific Blender Technician (Night Shift) in Lenexa, Kansas
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What Will You Do?
Responsible for production of DCM bulk blends, pulling all samples form production runs, maintaining neat and accurate records on all DCM production lots.
- Responsible for production of DCM bulk blends. This includes all aspects of production, i.e., weighing, grinding and blending product.
- Be able to read and comprehend Device History records (DHR).
- Be able to use various scales.
- Responsible for pulling all samples from production runs and submitting to DCM Laboratory.
- Become trained, and follow all safety protocol outlined in training, on the sit-down and stand-up forklifts to efficiently pull down and put back materials into inventory. This includes transferring materials within the Company's inventory system.
- Responsible for pulling retention samples and/or working samples form DCM Laboratory personnel as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining neat and accurate records on all DCM production lots.
- Position requires the routine wearing of various personal protective equipment.
- Position requires lifting products with a maximum weight of 50 pounds and the ability to push products weighing maximum of 200 pounds.
- Performs all duties according to REMEL SOP's and current FDA GMP's.
- Responsible for utilizing materials in a first out inventory cycle.
- Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent
- squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with climbing
on ladders or foot stool.
- Perform all duties in accordance to GMP/QSR guidelines and adhere to all relative Remel SOP's.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Possess the abilities to perform the physical requirements of the assigned job as identified by the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) with or without reasonable accommodations. General physical requirements include lifting, standing and hand manipulations.
- Be able to operate powder lifts and drive fork lift through narrow spaces.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Remel is committed to providing a barrier free work environment for all employees. Employees are encouraged to submit in writing, to the Human Resources Department, any modifications or special accommodations deemed necessary to perform the essential functions of their job.
Mandatory for all Bands
PPI (as participant)
Must demonstrate our 4-I Values
All Duties listed below
Blend Room 1
Blend Room 2
Blend Room 3
Blend Room 4
6 blends (300KG) independently
3 blends (500KG) independently
Cycle count of bulk products
Forklift Training/Power Pallet Jack
In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
HOW WILL YOU GET THERE?
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must possess good organizational and math skills.
- Familiarity with weighing equipment and metric system helpful.
- Basic knowledge of the English language. Understand both written and oral instructions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.