Robert Half Cost Accountant in Lenexa, Kansas
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant for a client in Lenexa, KS
The Senior Cost Accountant will be accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
• Work order review and analysis
• Review of manufacturing costs and variances
• Inventory valuation analysis
• Review and calculation of overhead rates
• ERP System setup
• Integral part of process improvement
• Month-end closing tasks including journal entries, analysis of revenue and cost of sales, accruals, inventory reporting, analysis of reserves and financial results
• Strong interaction with key Manufacturing and Sales personnel
• Assist management on special projects as required
• Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries; Assist in delivering required training to ensure that all coworkers have the necessary skills to perform their jobs properly and safely.
• Communicate consistently on all activities to appropriate individuals (internal & external).
• Maintain ongoing communication and adhere to all Companywide policies to eliminate and/or reduce exposure to liability.
• Special projects or work as assigned.
The Cost Accountant will need to have the following qualifications regarding experience, training, and education:
Required: Accounting Degree. 4+ years Cost Accounting in Manufacturing Environment
• Microsoft Windows software, required
• ERP implementation experience, desired
• Strong organizational skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
• Detail oriented
For immediate consideration for the Senior Cost Accountant position, please call Seth Parrish 816-601-1218
Requirements - 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience
Extremely detailed and analytical
Experience utilizing cost management methodologies, activities, and cost pools based on direct and indirect cost rates
Knowledge of organizational accounting concepts
Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
High attention to detail
Outstanding skills in analyzing financial data and promptly generating accurate reports
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.