Kiewit Corporation Energy Storage Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Energy Storage Engineer
Date: Nov 18, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 76072
Kiewit Engineering’s Power Delivery business located in Lenexa, KS is currently seeking an Energy Storage Engineer to rapidly expand our Power Delivery business. The Energy Storage Engineer will report to the Manager, Energy Storage within Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. An initial key focus for this role will be to develop specifications, calculations, designs, and new concepts for the Energy Storage team while coaching and training other individuals on energy storage. The Energy Storage Engineer will work with engineering, construction and other elements to lead the design team in formulating and executing a plan that sets Kiewit apart from others in the industry. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in AC and DC design aspects of battery storage systems, preliminary battery sizing, multiple energy storage technologies, and working with a team of engineers.
Kiewit is looking for a committed, energized and highly motivated individual who has a passion for achieving excellence. The Energy Storage Engineer is responsible for, but not limited, to the following responsibilities as related to electrical engineering design:
• Research, qualify, and establish relationships with market suppliers to support the technical design and implementation of Kiewit involved projects.
• Support and collaborate with Manager, Energy Storage to develop and execute customer centric designs and solutions that are technically sound and industry compliant.
• Develop internal engineering and support the training of the field execution team that is capable to deliver strategic objectives of the business.
• Follow proposal and project execution plans including deliverables lists, schedule, and budget required to successfully execute the proposal or project.
• Present technical concepts and ideas that provide solutions to the market and potential customers. Take an active role in marketing Kiewit’s technical expertise in the industry.
• Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up.
• Assist with the development of proposal documents and engineering estimates.
• Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
• Maintain a strong network of industry related individuals for the purpose of expanding Kiewit’s services and opportunities.
• Ensure Quality Control of services and deliverables is followed, in accordance with the Kiewit Company Quality Plan.
• Represent Kiewit at strategic external conferences and events by speaking on technical topics showing the team’s expertise and leadership in the industry.
The ideal candidate for the Energy Storage Engineer will possess the following qualities:
• A minimum of 3 years proven electrical engineering design experience in the power delivery, battery energy storage, and/or renewable industry
• Knowledge of the DC System design for storage and solar systems
• Basic knowledge of battery control software systems
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field
• Strong project team orientation and networking skills
• Willingness to travel (15% of time) with some overnight stays required
• High degree of self-motivation
• Motivated by team accomplishments and advancement in the industry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering