Kiewit Corporation Hydrogen Mechanical Engineer Technical Specialist- Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 112707
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high-performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Develop hydrogen infrastructure capabilities for Kiewit for mechanical and/or chemical engineering expertise needed to pursue engineering related projects or studies.
• Provide mechanical and/or chemical engineering expertise to support hydrogen infrastructure opportunity offerings across different markets to include hydrogen generation, piping, compression or energy storage on project sites for: transportation purposes (fuel cell vehicles/rail/etc…), gas turbine hydrogen co-firing, power-to-X (mainly pipeline injection of hydrogen)OGC and industrial uses
• Assist in lead Business Development and Networking for hydrogen infrastructure program opportunities
• Assist in supporting proposal and pricing efforts for hydrogen infrastructure projects
• Lead interface with clients
• Assist Kiewit specialty groups with codes and standards, and industry regulations and safety practices regarding hydrogen
• Develop and mentor staff of engineers and designers
• Creation and execution of training, processes, and documentation to ensure client goals are achieved
• Integrate technology into hydrogen infrastructure platforms including the hydrogen module of HOMER Pro if necessary, for early site assessments and 3D modeling
• Collaborate with software development team on enhancements and upgrades
• Proven capability for effective Mechanical/Chemical Engineering Leadership and/or management of hydrogen infrastructure projects and studies
• Demonstrated ability to support hydrogen and related system projects
• Knowledge of commercial terms and participation in technical negotiations in relation to commercial items
• Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical/Chemical Engineering experience with hydrogen related projects and expertise to support hydrogen infrastructure
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required
• Professional Engineer preferred
• Domestic travel required up to 20% of the time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.