Advantage Solutions Inventory Manager in Lenexa, Kansas
We are hiring a talented Inventory Manager with knowledge of inventory practices and software to lead a team of warehouse associatesandoversee the inventory levels of the business. As an Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight of team performance, productivity, and safety all while meeting warehouse goals. The ideal candidate is someone with leadership experience that can effectively train new associates in inventory control and work on multiple projects at once.
Take this opportunity to join the best in the business and work with an amazing team, APPLY TODAY!
Things to Consider:
Schedule is M-F 7:30-4:00 PM (possible overtime)
This position requires travel to surrounding warehouses, access to reliable transportation is key
What We Offer:
Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
401(k) with company match
Training and Career Development
Generous Paid Time-Off
Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages
Train and develop new hires in inventory control
Monitor employee attendance and ensure all safety protocols are followed
Perform daily inventory analysis to predict and resolve potential inventory problems
Travel to surrounding warehouses for inventory as needed
High School Diploma or GED required
3-5 years of inventory leadership experience required
Intermediate computer skills
Ability to operate Forklift/Scissor Lift (Certification preferred)
Knowledge of Microsoft AX required, knowledge of Microsoft D365 preferred
Ability to frequently lift, stoop with and/or move more than 50lbs
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Inventory Control Manager will oversee, in Fulfillment and Warehouse, the management of physical inventory including management systems, database management, forecasting, requisitioning and internal/supplier physical control with the objective of maximizing record accuracy and turnover while supporting on-time availability of material for production.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Inventory Process
• Monitor and recommend stock levels for clients of critical components
• Gap analysis on developing, implementing, and monitoring on key functions related to inventory transactions
• Monitor and report on excess to inventory levels and execute plans to reduce those materials level
• Implement and recommend fixes or process changes based on analysis of inventory trends
• Provide technical guidance on inventory management systems
• Manage personnel training on inventory management systems
• Create and manage SOP documentation
• Work with various business partners to continuously optimize inventory plans to maximize operational efficiency
Cycle Count / Audits
• Manages the cycle counting program, including design and implementation of the program and any needed changes.
• Maintain records for inventory accuracy trends, inventory reconciliations, and inventory audit.
• Work closely with the “Quality Control” team within the warehouse and will make adjustment as necessary.
Continue Improvement and Reporting
• Lead inventory and continuous improvement projects.
• Develop and refine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and report on them weekly / monthly.
• Identify potential areas for inventory discrepancies and reports to management.
• Analyze inventory management systems and procedures and their results, recommending changes, writing modifications, and coordinating their implementation to improve integrity, control, and the capability to meet company objectives.
• Assists in the development of cost saving measures through the improvement process (Kaizen).
• Responsible for conducting any necessary training that might be needed on new procedures and/or “refresher” training sessions, etc.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
3-5 Years of experience in related area
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good Written & Verbal Communication Skills
• Research & Analysing Skills
• Ability to Gather Data, Compile Information, & Prepare Reports
• Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
• Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
• Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
• Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Locations US-KS-Lenexa | US-KS-Olathe | US-MO-Kansas City | US-KS-Overland Park
Primary Posting Location : Address 14020 Marshall Drive
Primary Posting Location : City Lenexa
Primary Posting Location : State/Province KS
Postal Code 66061
Primary Posting Location : Country US
Requisition ID 2021-352572
Position Type Full Time
Category Professional: (IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Talent Acquisition, Administrative, Customer Service)