JCPenney IT Technician in Lenexa, Kansas
Location:Lenexa, KS, United States-JCPenney Catalog 10500 Lackman Rd
Job ID:1023749Job Type:Full-Time
Date Updated:Apr 18, 2019
Installs and supports products, processes and hardware related to execution of supported Customer’s
daily business operation.
· Develops understanding of business processes being supported by operational unit.
· Demonstrates ability to interact with business customers and reacts accordingly to changing environments and business needs.
· Supports the organization’s project management policies, practices, and methodology. Follows operational standards for reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
· Participates in assigned project teams including system upgrades and other local IT Field Operations initiatives.
· Analyzes and resolves incidents and problems of low complexity ensuring ARs are updated accurately and in a timely manner. Communicates with IT teams and vendors to resolve local incidents and problems; participates in turnover meetings.
· Takes corrective actions and/or escalates issues appropriately to achieve timely recovery with minimum impact to customer.
· Assesses issue and recommends alternative actions for incident and problem resolution.
· Assists in installation, customization, implementation, and maintenance of operations and PC LAN related equipment involving physical exertion or lifting up to 50lbs of material, tools, equipment or machines.
· Provides technical support for issues of low to medium complexity; including installation, set-up, maintaining, cabling and replacing of all standard PC/LAN systems.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Characteristics
· Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Science or Info Systems; equivalent formal training
· Basic aptitude for logical thinking and analytical processes
· Good communication skills, written and verbal and sharing of ideas
· Basic partnering and teamwork skills
· Customer focus
· Performs assigned tasks with supervision; manages tasks within allotted time
· Serial tasking
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Working knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation software
· Working knowledge of Windows networking and operating system
· Working knowledge of Unix operating systems
· Ability to use Change Control and Problem Management software.
· Work experience with IT support, PC/LAN and other related hardware/software
Job Title:IT TechnicianLocation:Lenexa, KS, United States-JCPenney Catalog 10500 Lackman RdJob ID:1023749
J.C. Penney Company Inc.