Kiewit Corporation Lithium Battery SME- Kiewit Industrial Group in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 147403
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Industrial Group
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Industrial is seeking a Lithium Battery SME to support the Manufacturing & Technology business with deep understanding of battery chemistry and materials science, and synthetic materials science, engineering, and markets. He/She will maintain relationships within the industry, track latest technology advances and make recommendations on which technologies to focus on and which prospects to pursue. He/She will participate in discussions and/or presentations to client management or senior technical personnel to support Kiewit’s business objectives.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering consulting and design firm serving a broad range of the industrial markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,700 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the industrial, transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Our operations-focused engineering provides our clients with safe and efficient facilities, and it integrates our 130 years of construction experience to finish projects on time and to make sure that Nobody Gets Hurt.
Our rapidly growing Industrial Engineering team, which includes process, mechanical, electrical, controls, structural, architectural, geotechnical, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on EPC and design-build delivery of industrial projects in markets such as Food & Beverage, Mineral Processing, Renewable Fuels, Pulp and Paper, Steel & Aluminum, Industrial Buildings, and Industrial Energy, Water and Utilities.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering entire project life cycle from concept development, feasibility study, process definition, equipment design, procurement, construction, startup and sharing know-how with project team.
• Participate in proposal efforts and assist Business Development in preparation of proposal deliverables.
• Determine engineering scope and set up an engineering work plan on complex projects for the front-end design and engineering-procurement-construction (EPC) phases.
• Manage a team of process and mechanical engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (flow diagrams, layout, equipment sizing, selection and specification, etc.) within the agreed job-hour budgets and schedules.
• Maintain the technical quality of all design deliverables issued on the project.
• Manage and lead complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
• Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
• Understand multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in EPC and/or OEM industry
• Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in the design of lithium battery manufacturing facilities
• PE registration preferred
• Knowledge of new technologies related to battery manufacturing
• Proven work experience in sizing and evaluating equipment required for the lithium battery manufacturing facilities
• Demonstrated experience in energy efficient design
• Strong oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.