Kiewit Corporation Mid-level Civil Designer - Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 120401
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high-performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Assist with modeling, both 2D and 3D, ensuring correct reference files are attached and model reference directory is up to date; develop models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Coordinate with project team by utilizing the Project Database; report project progression updates and or issues to Lead Designer as required.
• Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Help create guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge base documents as assigned.
• Collaborate with team members in design and drafting techniques to challenge abilities; provide constructive feedback to aid in employee development.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Assist in completion of as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participate in project and layout meetings; coordinate and assist in activities of project team members.
• Proficient in utilizing a Computer-Aided Drafting program such as Autocad Civil 3D. With possible support background using Autocad, MicroStation, GeoPak, InRoads, Navis Works, Google Earth
• Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems, spreadsheets, and databases
• Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests
• Experience with solar PV layouts preferred
• Associate’s degree in drafting technology and 5+ years of civil design experience or a related field; or completion of a vocational training program in drafting and 5+ years’ of civil design experience or a related field; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 5+ years’ of civil design experience; NICET certified Level 3 preferred in civil technologies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.