Kiewit Corporation Mid-level Structural Designer - Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 142739
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Structural Designer, you will engineer design principles and procedures to perform intricate engineering design work.
Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high-performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
We are a high-performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging in exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Comprehends and identifies issues and analyzes the situation to propose solutions.
• Seeks out assistance for complex issues.
• Acts as a field resource to assist construction in field resolution on issues.
• Little to no supervision required to apply standard correctly to design.
• Initiates development of personal objectives aligned with those of the organization.
• Seeks feedback and uses it effectively.
• Questions accepted ways of doing things and actively seeks opportunities to try new ideas.
• Utilize codes and standards to complete assignments with little supervision.
• Identifies changes in the scope of work during a small project and produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Takes initiative to meet or exceed the quality and expected outcome requirements of internal and external customers.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Complies with company standards to produce quality deliverables.
• Associate degree or High School diploma + 2 years’ experience as a minimum.
• 4-10 years' minimum relevant experience.
• Receives little to no instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignment from more experienced engineer. Receives guidance on high risk or advanced conditions.
• Can provides guidance to less experienced engineers.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines.
• Able to specify actions to take when standards or contract requirements are not met.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.